This article covers how to customize ByCommittee Faculty Search to your institution. Most of the work of setting up and managing your institution within the product is done from the Administration page. From here, Administrators and Committee Managers can:
- Create and edit position and application statuses
- Create and edit ratings criteria
- Create and edit application forms
- Manage applicant notifications and internal communication settings
The features and functions mentioned here are explained in more depth throughout this guide in various chapters, and where appropriate, information specific to your institution has been included.
Navigating to the Administration page
Scroll over the Faculty Search badge on your main Interfolio Accounts screen and click the "Administration" link.
Overview of the Administration page
- Settings for...Change Role: The display at the top left of the page indicates which organizational unit for which you are currently viewing and/or editing administrative settings. In the example below, you are accessing the administrative settings for the organizational unit "Demo University."
- All Positions...Change Role: You can also access the administrative settings for a particular position. Click the "Change Role" button next to "All Positons" and select the the position from the dropdown menu to access and control the settings for a particular position
- Change (logo): You can customize the logo that will be displayed on the landing page advertising your open positions
Set Position Statuses and Application Statuses
From the Administration page, you can create and manage:
- Position Statuses: Labels that describe the current state of the selection process, for example, “Accepting Applications”
- Application Statuses: Labels that describe the current state of the applicant in the review process, for example, “Longlist” or “No Further Consideration”
Set automated applicant notifications and internal communication settings
- Applicant Notification Messages: Set automated messages to go out to applicants when they meet a set of criteria
- Internal Communication Settings: Set whether or not Evaluators can post comments or assign labels to applications
- Position Approval: Require approval for posting new postions and designate an administrator who can approve new positions
Create and and Manage Application Forms:
Administrators can create application forms to collect information from applicants. Administrators can also create EEO forms and designate forms as default for a unit.