Many institutions use online application systems. In some cases, the system will ask for your letter writer's contact information so they can email a confidential link to upload a letter to the website. In this case, you can input an Interfolio-generated email address in place of your letter writer’s email. This will allow Interfolio to upload the letter directly to the application, without bothering your letter writer. We refer to these as Online Application Deliveries. Here's how to set one up:
1. Check the documents in your Dossier to make sure your letter writer has uploaded a letter to your account
Letters that have not been received cannot be used in an online application delivery, so they won't have a Document Email address yet.
4. In your online application, paste the document email address in place of your recommender's email to direct the letter request to Interfolio, rather than your letter writer
5. Repeat the same process for each letter you would like uploaded
6. When Interfolio is contacted by the institution, we will create a new Pending Delivery for each letter requested by the application
7. You’ll receive an email from Interfolio to alert you of your new delivery requests
8. Navigate to your Deliveries page to submit your pending deliveries
It takes 1-3 business days for us to upload your documents to the online application system after you check out. If you’re worried about missing your application deadline, email us at email@example.com or call 877-997-8807 to let us know and we can try to expedite your delivery upload.
Note: Some applications require additional information (performance ratings, rankings, etc.) that we cannot provide on behalf of your writer. We will cancel your deliveries and contact you if we encounter any application questions that we cannot answer or bypass.
Why hasn't my Online Application Delivery been created as a Pending Delivery?
Occasionally, online application requests from third party application systems do not reach Interfolio. This can happen for a few reasons:
- The application hasn't processed your letter writer data yet, and therefore hasn't sent us a request yet
- The document email address was entered incorrectly
- A special character (like an accent) is preventing us from processing the email request correctly
- An error occurred within the third-party application
What you should do:
- Contact us immediately firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know. We may be able to match an orphan request received by our server to your account
- If we can't match your request with your account, we will ask you to try to re-request the letter on the application system
- If you can't re-request a letter, Interfolio will need to contact the receiving institution to figure out the best way to resolve the situation
Note: Please monitor your pending deliveries closely and let us know if you’re expecting a delivery that hasn’t come in yet.