posted this on August 20, 2012 09:42 pm
If an application asks for your letter writer's contact information so they can email a confidential link to upload a letter to the website, you can input an Interfolio-generated email address in place of your letter writers. This will allow Interfolio to upload the letter directly to the application, without bothering your letter writer. We refer to these an Online Application Deliveries. Here's how to set one up:
1. First, be sure that your letter writer has successfully uploaded a letter to your account by checking your Manage Documents page. Letters that have not been received cannot be used in this delivery.
2. Once you've confirmed that the documents are Ready in your account, navigate to Add Delivery and click Upload Application to Website.
This page will list each letter in your account, along with the corresponding document email address. Locate the document you need uploaded, then copy and paste the entire document email address <send.name.ID@interfolio.com> for each letter directly into the letter writer email field in the application.
3. Double check that each document email address you entered into the application matches up with each letter writer in the application. Once you submit the Online Application, an email request will be sent to Interfolio for each letter writer.
4. Once we receive the request, we'll create a pending delivery in your account (this can take 24-48 hours, depending on the application. We'll send you an email notification letting you know when you can log in and check out your deliveries. You will see that for each letter requested, a separate Online Application Delivery is created. Confirm that the correct document is going to the correct institution.
Some institutions may ask for additional information from your letter writer (such as categorical rankings), which Interfolio cannot complete on behalf of your letter writer. If you would like Interfolio to select “Not Applicable” or “Not Observed” for these questions, select the option below each pending delivery.
5. Check Out to complete your transaction. Your documents will be uploaded to the application website in 1-3 business days, depending on our delivery volume.